Wednesday, September 14, 2005

 

Cross Stitch Update



I haven't felt much like picking up my cross stitch in the last few weeks. However, when I saw this little guy in "Cross Stitch Card Shop" I couldn't help myself. This is one of a series of six designs but I thought he was the sweetest. The other cards were two more polar bears and three penguins. Normally when stitching Christmas cards I go for the penguins but the polar bears just seemed sweeter this time. I'm not sure if I will make the others in the series. For the moment I am happy with this one.

My mind is increasingly turning towards Christmas and I have been thinking that I had better make a start on some Christmas cards. I already have a small pile left over from last year but that needs topping up. I saw this magazine, "Cross Stitch & Beading" and couldn't resist picking it up because of all the lovely Christmas designs. They aren't all cutesy which is unusual for me but I do really like them. As well as that the magazine is just filled with designs. It doesn't have all the columns that all the others seem to have. The only downside is that it is more expensive than the other magazines so it's really only worth it if you like most of the designs. It has given me an idea of a few cards and some tree decorations. I was thinking of making a tree decoration to put in with each card that I give out to my family. I just need to begin collecting all the things that I will need to make a start.

Near the start of the year I stitched a Lion cub for a cross stitch charity. Stitchers around the world stitch squares for quilts that go to sick children. The Lion cub was for a little boy who loved wild animals. The little boy loved his quilt which he received along with two cushions. You can see the square I stitched second in from the bottom square left hand side.


Comments:
Your little Polar Bear is really sweet - I'm going to have to see if I can find that magazine.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?