Tuesday, September 06, 2005

 

"How I Live Now" by Meg Rosoff

Until Daisy was sent to England her whole world revolved around her best friend, her despised step mother and a father who didn't understand her. In England though she finds the unexpected. She finds cousins who accept her without judging her. And an aunt who can tell her about her mother. She also discovers love for the first time. As she was learning these things her world was turned upside down and she had to learn other things. She had to learn to be strong, to have others rely on her and to survive.

When I first began reading this book I wasn't too impressed. I didn't like the first person style. It just seemed a little too simple. However, I still felt I had to read on and I am glad I did. When everything blows up I was hooked and had to find out what happened to Daisy and her cousins. It was then I could see why the book was nominated for so many prizes. It is a children's book but because of some of the content I would recommend it more for young adults.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?