Wednesday, September 28, 2005

 

A Little Rusty

Before I start I want to thank everyone for their lovely comments on CW. I really appreciated it.


I promised myself that I would by some clarinet reeds and a music stand at the end of the month and today I did. I also managed to break my new music stand just by trying to put it up. I used to use these things in school all the time. The last thing I was expecting was difficulty there. Not to worry, a little tape and it's okay. I'm not going to embarrass myself further by going back to the shop to get another one so soon.

I spent half an hour practicing and to say that I'm rusty is putting it mildly. My breathing is terrible and my memory even worse. I was quite right to start at the beginning. Even with reading music I need the practice. Thankfully I am finding the step by step lessons easy and as I do each one my memory is coming back to me. Maybe after a few weeks of practice I can move onto the sheet music I used at school. Actually it's a book with tunes from musicals. I really enjoyed playing from it and I'm looking forward to doing it again. I was asked at school to get the book and then we never used it.

After going over five notes my swollen bottom lip decided it had had enough. Despite the fact that I have forgotten everything I really enjoyed playing it again. I'm glad I got back into it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?