Sunday, September 11, 2005

 

"Living History" by Hillary Rodham Clinton


I guess it is kind of obvious what this book is about. What surprised me about this book is that she does go into detail about her background and her childhood. She talks about her education, her beliefs and how she met her husband. She goes into more detail than I thought she would and one or two things surprised me. For example, I didn't know that she was originally Republican and that she was one of a huge team putting together a case for Nixon's impeachment. I actually knew very little about her before I began reading this but those were the two things that surprised me and interested me. I was also surprised about her family background. While not exactly poor, her parents worked hard to get to where they were as did she herself. She wasn't handed everything to her on a plate.

As expected the bulk of the book is about her time in the White House as First Lady. I enjoyed reading about the role she played as she fought for human rights and gave her husband advice. I think what I enjoyed the most though was her thoughts on all the places she visited. She gave some background history as well as her thoughts on the people she met and the things she did while in these countries. I soaked all that in and could only wonder at a life that could allow you to do that and envy her daughter who shared a lot of these experiences. I can't help but wonder what her daughter made of all of it.

I do recommend this. Not so much if you want to learn more about American Politics but if you want to see the White House from the First Lady's perspective. I don't think you have to agree with her views to enjoy it.

Comments:
Dear karensff,

I contact you by comment because I didn’t find any other way to do it.

I would like to introduce to you Mperience (www.mperience.com), a web platform on which you can share in a brand new way movies, tv-series, music, art, and books. It also allows you to blend videos of artistic content with your own words, simply creating short stories called Memes that you can spread to a wide audience by a simple click.

As you can see, we have many themes in common with your blog and we would like to publish on Mperience some of your articles.
Actually we already inserted your post ["Living History" by Hillary Rodham Clinton] on our page dedicated to [Living History] (http://www.mperience.com/view/Living_History)
We’ll appreciate if you’ll put on your blog the Mperience’s reference, just copying and pasting a html code that I’ll give you in a second
moment...

I hope that we could keep in touch and collaborate also in the future.
So, if you are interested, please don’t hesitate to contact me for further information, questions or suggestions.

Andrea Salvi
Communication Manager
Mperience
andrea.salvi@mperience.com
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?