Sunday, September 11, 2005

 

Nothing New

I really don't have that much to share. My stitching is still taking a back seat just now. I just haven't felt the urge to pick it up. I haven't been well the last few days so that might be part of it. It's only a cold but it is enough that I really haven't felt like doing much of anything except sit in front of the TV. Not good TV either. It's been complete rubbish and all because I haven't got the energy to move myself. I did watch "Overboard" last night though which is a film I loved watching as a kid. I'm not a huge Goldie Hawn fan but I do like her in that (well that and "Private Benjamin"). I've also been watching lots of "Friends" episodes between all the rubbish.

I was sent through one of the Clarinet books I ordered. I've only had a flick through it. It seems okay although I won't really know until I try it out. I need new reeds for that first. I can say for definite that it isn't as good as the one I had when I first started playing. My original had more detail in it. Believe it or not my eyes just flicked to the bottom of the bookcase. I saw my sister's old keyboard book. I had a look behind it and sure enough my old clarinet books are there. I didn't even think of looking in that bookcase as none of the books in that one are mine. Oh well, the other books still might come in handy. I am hoping the one I am waiting on will anyway as it is supposed to have a lot of theory in it.

One of the things that I studied at Uni was history. I loved my history classes although I can't remember half of them now. I regret not taking this subject later in school (although I don't regret my decision to take geography instead). I actually enjoyed studying for these classes. I loved getting the new books each term (I still have them all) and even started buying history magazines. Since leaving uni I haven't felt much like picking up a history book. I have tried but my interest hasn't really been there. I wasn't worried. I knew that I just needed a big enough gap from finishing uni to feel the need to pick up a history book again. I think it's one of those phases a lot of people go through. After reading Hillary Clintons autobiography that inclination came back. You would think that it would increase my interest in politics. It has but those descriptions of other countries won it for history. Every time she described a new place I thought "Oooooh, I should hunt out a book on that". Eventually my list became endless and I didn't know where to start. Common sense told me I should start with my own country. Shockingly we didn't study much about Scotland in school or uni. So I hunted out a book I had bought years ago "The Scottish Nation 1700-2000" by T. M. Devine. I've used it for the few essays I had to write on Scotland but never got round to reading it. This is going to be my next read. I'm not sure what it is going to be like to read so if anyone has I would be interested to hear your thoughts.

This won't affect my studying French. For a change I will just be doing some reading it won't actually be studying. I want to thank San and Ginkgo for your support. I'm afraid I don't have the confidence yet to try to reply to you in French but I will get there. And thanks for the links Ginkgo.

Comments:
tu crois qu'il n'y a que toi qui fasses des fautes en français ?? ;)

le plus important est la confiance en soi :)

je rajoute http://www.paroles.net/ , qui est un site regroupant un grand nombre de paroles de chansons ;)

bonne soirée musicale
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?