Friday, December 23, 2005

 

Christmas Question #12 and CW

This might actually be the last question as I don't think I will have time to write out a post tomorrow. So just in case I want to thank everyone who answered my questions. I loved reading all your answers and I hope you had fun too.

Since it is Christmas Eve tomorrow I thought this would make a good question. What do you all do on Christmas Eve, anything special or fun? I actually usually work on Christmas Eve and tomorrow won't be an exception. I actually enjoy it. You end up so busy and the staff are usually on a Christmas high that you can't help but be in a good mood. Even the horrible customers can't get you down. You end up just laughing at them. I then spend the rest of the day with my boyfriend. We usually get Indian take out and open our presents for each other after midnight. This year though I am also going to see "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" which I'm really excited about. I feel like a big kid!


I surprised myself on how much I go done on CW. I was able to finish the lettering and most of the top half of the border (other than the beads). I really didn't expect to get the lettering done before Christmas. I am now more than certain that I will be able to finish this before the end of January. I am going to re order the beads today as I have finally resigned myself to the fact that I am never going to find them again.

Because this has been quick in stitching I am very tempted to join in the Yahoo group SAL for mirabelia. I all ready have the chart for Petal fairy so I could do that. Or I could go ahead and get Sleeping Beauty. I am inclining towards Sleeping Beauty because of my recent obsession with fairy tales. Sounds like I'm going to do it doesn't it? I will wait until after Christmas before I make any decisions.




Since I might not get the chance to post tomorrow I just want to take this opportunity to wish everyone; A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Comments:
Hi Karen

Christmas Eve here will be spent getting the house cleaned and finishing off the ironing. At around 6pm we are going to DH's old School Church for Cristingle Service, then home to get some supper and off to bed ready for the big day.

Wow you have been busy with CW. I have not done much on mine lately, but hoping to get a move on once the kids are in bed tonight.

Have a great Christmas and New Year.

Hugs xxxxx
 
Thanks for all the questions, Karen! 12 questions for the 12 days? Hmmmm?
I have answered them all on my blog.

Have a wonderful holiday, Karen. Hugs!
 
Karen!
Same! It's ectic around here, and I have to fight to reach the puter... So I wish you a very merry Christmas! Your programme sounds just perfect...
As far as I'm concerned, we have spent the last 16 years (since I met my DH) Christmas Eves at his mom's, or in the last 10 years, I was the one to invite her. This is the biggest chore, and I'm the only one to do it because none of her two other sons cares about the fact that she's alone.
This year, for a change, her elder son, who is divorcing, is having dinner alone with her. As my DH and him no longer talk to each other (for good reasons that have nothing to do with the divorce), for the first time, we will be able to celebrate Xmas eve just the four of us -Lolo, Lili, Corentin and Daphné- at home, and it feels GREAT!!! We will light candles, eat good things prepared by anybody but me, and watch something cute together and I just loooove this simple idea...
Lots of hugs!
 
Merry Christmas Karen. I wish you and your loved ones happiest Christmas days, and warmest wishes and hugs from sunny island of Singapore.
 
Xmas Eve, after I've recorded the nine lessons and carols for Dad, we usually have a family dinner of ham etc. With all the various meats left over after Xmas, one tradition is having late night cold suppers!

Hope you enjoy "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe". Look forward to hearing what you think of it as well as the new Doc. Have you seen the TV versions of the various Narnia books? Tom Baker was in one of the later stories, I remember.

Well, hope you and yours have a really enjoyable Xmas and look forward to sharing opinions again on the other side...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?