Saturday, December 17, 2005

 

Christmas Question #6

What is the most thoughtful gift you have ever been given? I have two, well actually a lot more than that but I have two that really spring to mind just now. The first one was a few years ago. I am a huge David Attenborough fan! My best friend and I love to talk about books. We always recommend books to each other and loan books to each other. One day we also talked about what books we wished were out there. I happened to mention that if David Attenborough brought out an autobiography it would be at the very top of my must read list. Some time later he did bring out an autobiography and my best friend who remembered this conversation gave it to me as a Christmas present. It was so sweet (and a such a good book). The second was from my boyfriend. I love animals but my parents have a thing about having pets in the house. I did have goldfish when I was little which my parents barely tolerated (it was a present from my gran). My sister and I were going to get some goldfish while my parents were away on holiday as a bit of a practical joke. It's a bit cruel to get pets as a practical joke so we never did. My boyfriend though knows how much I love animals and remembered this and bought me goldfish for my Christmas. He never gave any hint at all that he was going to do this.

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Erased comment:Yes, I saw that spam yesterday... I needed some time to think about the answer...

My DH is the champion of thoughtfull gifts! I have a good reason to call him "my personal santa". If I say that I wish I had something, or point out something that I like, he will remember it when I have forgotten... so geneally speaking, all of the presents I receive from my DH are thoughtful (he's a romantic guy). I'm a very lucky woman.

The presents that most touched me as a kid were: a fairy tale book when I was six (that I have spent dozens of hours reading again and again), and a lion mom when I was 11, and I spent lots of hours cuddling it.

Also, two days ago, my friend Martine brought me a nice santa to hang in my tree (I love santas) and this was very thoughtful as she knows exactly what I do and don't like with santas...

It's always nice when you realize that some people care enough about you to remember things that you said, and use the information in time to please you...

Take care!
 
The most thoughtful gifts are the various hand-made ones that have been given to me over the years, as I know they were done especially for me and couldn't be simply bought in a store. Mostly they're stitched ornaments for my tree.

As for purchased gifts, that would be something that I received just recently-- a hard-bound, color atlas of Medieval Europe. I had mentioned wanting something like that, but didn't even know if such a thing existed. BF immediately set about tracking something down, found the perfect thing and had it special ordered for me. It just happened to arrive shortly before Christmas.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?