Tuesday, December 20, 2005

 

Christmas Question #9

I like hearing everyone's Christmas traditions. Lili, my parents used to do that for my sister and I when we were little. We left out a carrot and some water for Rudolph and some mince pies and milk for Santa.

I am very tired today and I have next to no imagination left so I'm afraid it is going to be an easy question. What is your favourite Christmas song? I love "Walking in the Air". I have "The Snowman" on audio and love listening to it. "We All Stand Together" by Paul McCartney also reminds me of Christmas.



Lili, this is what CW is supposed to look like when finished. As you can see I still have quite a bit to go.

Comments:
oh boy, you would wouldn't you? Let's see.... Little Mary Snowflake, Silent Night, Away in a Manger, I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus, Grandma got run over by a Reindeer, and Rusty chevrolet. I know you said favorite, but every time I think of one, more pop up....I'll stop while I'm ahead of the game.
 
Favourite Xmas pop song is Jona Lewie's "Stop the Cavalry". It isn't played often but I don't feel it's Xmas unless I hear it! Runners-up include The Pogues ft Kirsty MacColl's "Fairytale of New York" and John Lennon's "War is Over". People always forget Kate Bush's "December Will Be Magic Again" because it wasn't one of her greatest hits, which is a shame...

My favourite carol is John Tavener's "The Lamb". I also like "In the Bleak Midwinter" and "Silent Night" but sung in German ("Stille Nacht"). My Dad's favourite is Boris Ord's "Adam Lay-y Bounden". One of our Xmas traditions is I tape the King's carol service from the radio every year on Xmas eve, primarily for my Dad. They are singing the Ord version this year and there is also a new carol commissioned from Tavener.
 
I'm afraid "Rudolph the red-nose reindeer" is most often sung here. "White Xmas" is also one of my fav, and "All I want for Xmas is you" that was in the movie with Hugh Grant as a Prime Minister kicking the US Pdt's a..

Here in France, apart from "Petit Papa Noël", Xmas songs are religious, so we don't sing any. We also have some of the Disney carols that you hear when you visit Disneyland this time of year. We love it, as you can hear Donald, Goofy and such and it's definitely fun.

In fact, like Bastet, I love too many Xmas songs so I won't stop... John Lennon's song starting "and so this is Xmas, and what have we done, another year's over.... war is over if you want to..." (don't know the title) is a great one too.
This was an easy question, but we have loads of things to say!

Try to get some rest, Karen... Hard time of year!
Take care!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?