Monday, December 26, 2005

 

Christmas Round Up

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas. Seeing "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe was a great choice for Christmas Eve. It really was well done. There were lots of kids there and some of them were pretty young and yet they all seemed to be lost in the magic of Narnia. The children in the film were great although little Lucy was my favourite. She was just so sweet! The other characters were fantastic too, Mr Tumlus, the Beavers and of course Aslan. Tilda Swinton was a brilliant White Witch. She played the part well and looked the part. A lot was missed out of the film but it would have been too long had everything been left in. I also thought that it was a little too violent for some of the really young children who were in there. By the end of the film a lot of them were upset. Definitely worth going to see and I will be adding this to my DVD collection when it comes out. It would be interesting to see if they make more of the films.

Timewarden, I have seen the TV version. I read all the books after seeing that. Have you seen the DVD box set with all of them on it? I'm very tempted to get it. I remember "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe" best as we had taped it and used to watch it over and over again. I did watch all the others but I don't really remember much about them. I knew that Tom baker was in one but I can't remember watching it.


Christmas day was pretty quiet for us. It always is but we like it that way. We do the family rounds today. But for Christmas day it is just us. We open the gifts in the morning and then have breakfast together (probably the only time in the year that we do). Then we all sit around watching TV until dinner. Dinner was lovely and of course we all stuffed ourselves. After that you can't move so it is back to the TV again where most of us usually fall asleep for an hour or so. Yesterday morning we watched Dr Who instead of television. I received the Dr Who box set for my Christmas and we watched a few episodes. My sister who isn't a fan was even found laughing at a few scenes. Later we got to watch more Doctor Who with the Christmas special,
"The Christmas Invasion". This is the first of the series with David Tennant as the Doctor. As I have said many times I wasn't sure about him. After watching it yesterday I am looking forward to seeing more with him. I think his character is going to be funny and quirky. Very different from Christopher Ecclestons Doctor. I always find that the first story with a new Doctor is slow but this one was quite good. The world is now aware of aliens which might lead to some great story lines. And they hinted that the Doctor and Rose will be visiting other planets which will be good.

I even managed to get some stitching in although I don't have a photo update for you. I'm very excited as the items I ordered from sew and so arrived. I am looking forward to making a start on the Christmas Elf fairy. I also got all my beads for CW and I ordered a stocking kit. Still all Christmas themes but this time I want to be good and ready for next year.

Zohrah, WCB is still sitting there. I will get back to her eventually but I haven't felt in the mood to stitch her for a while now. At some point in the new year I will pick her up again.

Lili, this is the Christmas Elf Fairy. I first saw it when Jenn began stitching her. I fell in love with the design straight away and the Miribilia SAL was the excuse I needed to go out and buy it.

Comments:
I do understand why you fell in love with this elf! What a cutie! She would almost make me try a Mirabilia design (but they look so long and complicated...).

Lol! I spent about 10 seconds staring at the photo trying to figure out which one was you until I saw the caption in the upper part! As I told you, I really have no clue about Dr Who...

I'm very glad that you had a good time for Xmas! So had we!

Take care!
 
glad to know that christmas was at least enjoyable for you. Kudos for seeing the new episodes.. Have fun with the stash. As for the lion,witch and wardrobe, since i hadn't read it in ages, I wasn't able to tell what they left out though I knew that they had. Which is a good thing if someone just shows up due to the trailers. Tom Baker played in The Silver Chair. He played the Marsh-wiggle named Puddleglum, it wasn't shown much over here. The fourth book,was the last, as far as I know they never did any others.
 
I enjoyed the Christmas special and glad you did as well. It's good your sister can enjoy the show too as it means it's working dramatically despite being SF!

I haven't seen the "Narnia" box set but I'll have a look next time I'm in town. I must admit that when I first read "LWW", I remember being put off early on by something in the writing to do with religion. I don't dislike the Aslan symbolism just something C S Lewis says was a bit patronising.

We all had a nice Christmas thank you and glad you enjoyed yours. Like you, we prefer the day itself to be quiet with just the immediate family. Following your question theme, how do you usually see in the New Year? I'm looking forward to Goldfrapp on Jools' Hootenanny!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?