Friday, January 13, 2006

 

Attempt At Cooking #2



And this one was a hit. I made Southern Fried Chicken. It was fairly easy to make. Also a lot quicker than the soup since there was no chopping involved. The only problem I had is that the breadcrumbs slid off in places once cooked. As you can see it is quite a large plate of chicken. I had a couple of pieces with my dinner. The rest of my family were all out for dinner. About an hour after they came back I went down stairs and the chicken was completely gone. They had scoffed the lot. So it must have been good. This will definitely be one to make again. Although not exactly the healthiest of choices. There was nothing in the recipe that surpised me so I didn't learn anything other than the recipe itself.

This is a little reminder of how much I had stitched on Bugs as he is replacing CW. I will be doing a little work on him tonight. Actually he has went AWOL. He is not with his threads and chart so I am not sure where he has went to. It means an all out hunt. I have a fair idea of where he might be. My first job will be to put in those eyes. He looks possessed without them. I actually didn't realise how much I had done. I knew I had done his cheeks but and possibly some of his face. I didn't realise that all I had to do was the eyes and inner ears before moving on to the body. I'm looking forward in going back to him.


I have been buying lots of DVD's lately which will slow down. One of which was the latest Doctor Who to be released, "City of Death". Here we find the Doctor and Romana in Paris enjoying a holiday when someone starts messing about with time. For once they decide to ignore it as they are on holiday. However, events seem to seek them out and they have no choice but to investigate.

This again is one my parents owned on Video but I never watched the whole way through. At the time I thought it was a little boring and would rather watch one of Tom Bakers other stories. Now though I enjoyed it as I watched it all the way through. Only then did I realise that I had seen all but the last ten minutes. I think that part of the reason I didn't enjoy it is that a lot of the techno babble went right over my head. The next Doctor Who stories to be released is a box set of the first three. I'm looking forward to that as there is one on it that I haven't seen before.

I also finished watching Buck Rogers. There was something really sad about watching that last episode. I could easily have picked up the next series and started playing them. I did find myself surprised about how much I did remember. I seem to remember most episodes. The ones that I couldn't remember the whole story line too were familiar. There were also a lot of actors in there that I found familiar but I couldn't place any of them. Except for Jerry Orbach that is. He played a villain who tried to take over the world using subliminal messages passed on through music. It was hard to see him as the bad guy when I know him from "Dirty Dancing" and "Law and Order". You would think that I would be feeling all sci fi'd out but no. I spent my bonus from work on more DVD's. I bought the original Battlestar Galactica in the sale and have made a start on it. I also ordered the second Buck Rogers and the new Battlestar Galactica. The bonus is all gone so the DVD's will definitely slow down. No more boxsets for quite a while.


Comments:
Second times the charm! Glad to hear the chicken was a hit.
Bugs has scammpered off somewhere eh? Maybe he and the floss for Legolas found a great hiding spot. It's always nice to go back to a project to find you've done more than what you thought!
Hugs!
 
Glad you enjoyed "City of Death" this time around. The banter is fun between the Doc and Romana. Did you notice Tom and Lalla holding hands, as they run through Paris, long before Chris and Billie?!!

This story has the highest viewing figure of the series ("Battlefield" - the lowest). Like you, I find it a little dull though and a bit similar to "The Time Warrior" - captive scientist and all that!

Which is the story you haven't seen from the Hartnell set? Is it "The Edge of Destruction"? I never bought the video, it being only 2 episodes with just the regulars set entirely aboard the TARDIS. So, I'm looking forward to that one too.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?