Wednesday, January 04, 2006

 

CW, CE and a New Years Resolution.



I bet my goal for this week. The patterns within the borders are now finished (other than the beading). I have now made a start on enclosing the border. This is going to take a little longer than I thought. I have to enclose the whole border with backstitch (you can see I have made a start on it) and then do the same thing with a line of cross stitch. I think that I will have this finished by the end of the week. Then all I have to do next week is concentrate on the beading. I am now just itching to get her finished. I did have a panic there for a while. I was running very low in one of the shades of blue and didn't think that I would make it. I could replace it but it would mean going into town as I collect anchor and not DMC. Thankfully I just had enough. I have even more cause to celebrate as I have finished with the metallic gold. It has to be one of the most infuriating threads to stitch with. Still, I like the effect it has.


I also did a little work on The Christmas Elf Fairy. It looks a little darker to me than what it does in the picture. I am sure once it is finished though it will look fine. It felt strange stitching the third shade of the dress. This involved two different threads. I've done this quite a bit before. In this case though one shade was a dark pink and the other a bright pink. It almost felt wrong to stitch them both together. I like the effect though.

I didn't make any new years resolutions last year since I really never keep them. This year I have made one. I thought that since it is the new year that I would like to try out a new craft. I couldn't think of any though. I looked through some craft books and could find nothing that caught my eye. I then thought of cooking. I can't cook! The number of things I can make I can count on one hand. So this year I am going to learn to cook. I have bought my first cookbook and on my days off I am going to try it out. I am actually looking forward to it. Will let you all know how I get on!


Comments:
Karen your Christmas Elf Fairy is coming along nicely. :) You've gotten so much done so quickly! I feel like i'm falling behind. LOL Keep up the good work.
 
Karen I can't believe how quickly you have worked on CW, she is look fantastic, I am stitching on mine today and hoping to get the bottom of the skirt at least half finished, is I get my skates on lol.

Christmas Elf Fairy looks fab too, I have done some on mine, but not lots, will be doing some tonight and hoping to post a piccy tomorrow.

Hugs xxxxxxxx
 
Your stitching is coming along nicely. I can't wait to see your finished CW.
 
Celtic Winter looks so fantastic! What a lot of work and how wonderful she looks. :)
 
Oh Karen! Your Celtic Winter is looking just fantastic! You are getting soooo close now :-) You and Katrina are going to be our first finishers, for sure! Yay!
 
CW is picking up speed! Glad to hear that a happy dance is around the corner. Christmas fairy is also shaping up quite nicely.
 
Jaws was in two of the Bond films. He first appeared in the third Roger Moore, "The Spy Who Loved Me". He returned in the fourth, "Moonraker", the one in which he fell in love!

My favourite character has to be Sheriff J W Pepper who appeared in the first two Roger Moore films, "Live and Let Die" and "The Man with the Golden Gun".

Good luck with the cooking. It's actually very satisfying to eat a meal after you've prepared and cooked it yourself. Washing up after can be a bit of a pain though!!!
 
Hi Karen!
You're doing a wonderful work on CW!
I also like the elf, its colours are rich and deep, I really love them! Her dress is already very beautiful.
So you intend to start cooking? Many people should appreciate this resolution! Your mom, your boyfriend... I can only cook desserts... And lasagna. That's enough for me. I hate cooking! At the moment, I just don't like any of the household chores that distract me from my stitching...
Hope you'll have a nice stitching WE and see your CW finished!
Hugs!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?