Thursday, January 19, 2006

 

More Bugs



Well, Bugs may look sly but he will also look suave. I finished the shirt and bow tie. You can see the bow tie a little but I was right about it not really standing out. At least until I do the backstitch. The white at the side of his shirt looks a little like a hand but it's not. It is actually a flower and a handkerchief which will also stand out more with the backstitch. I have made a start on the jacket but it may take me a while to finish it. Lots of dark grays and blacks. It makes the rest of the design stand out so hopefully stitching it won't be too bad.

Thanks again everyone for your lovely comments on jewel of the orient. Zohrah, I promise I will go back to CBF this year. I'm not classing her as a UFO just yet. She will be replacing bugs when he is finished. As for my next UFO I really haven't decided yet. There are two that I am debating over. I've decided to wait until the day and see what I am in the mood to stitch.


I finished watching the original "Battlestar Galactica" and I felt the same sort of sadness I felt when I finished "Buck Rogers". I think that I enjoyed this even more though. I was hooked right from the start. I almost can't believe that it was cancelled. I would have liked to have seen how they would have continued with it. I know the made another series in the 80s and they actually arrived to Earth. However, it would have been good to see how they would have done it then. After the first few episodes I had no more memories of them. I did remember there being a female warrior named Sheba but that didn't surface until she actually made an appearance. I actually recognised the actress from an episode of Buck Rogers. Once done I was itching to make a start on the new series but it was a little too late to start it. I will probably begin to watch it tomorrow.

I've also since seen Firefly in a sale so I am very tempted to get that. More importantly however, is the release of the last series of Blake's 7 on DVD. It is due out on the 13th March. I'm really excited about that.

Comments:
Your Bugs is looking quite dapper! That is a great pattern, where did you find it?

If you like the original BSG you will like Firefly. I've seen all of them on Sci Fi and it's great! Of course I'm a big fan of Joss Whedon and Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, so that got me interested. Firefly is just a riot, definately not what I thought it would be. Have you seen the new Battlestar Galatica series? That is one mind bending series, nothing like the original, fantastic in a different way.
 
Hi Karen

Bugs is looking great I can just wok out where his bow tie is. I remeber seeing this kit a while ago and thinking about doing it. Maybe one day I will.

Hugs xxxxx
 
hi Karen !
I'm an original BSG fan and a stitcher addict too. Like you.
I love this series.
I don't know Blake 7. Is it like "the professionals" (another addiction for me even if it exists in english language only).I'm french and that made me back to english after 10 years of nothing.
I like Mc callum too.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?