Friday, February 24, 2006

 

No Need to Panic



I didn't bleach the fabric again. You can see here how faint the markings are. I am just hoping that it will stand out more once the stitching is finished. In my defense though I was using a weak bleach (which explains why the stain is so faint) and the instructions recommend that you keep going until it is as light as you want it. I have stitched one of the fairies arms. In the picture on the chart this is supposed to be pale pink but it looks more coral to me. The chart looks a little daunting, more so than the Celtic ladies. So I have decided to complete small sections at a time to make it easier. That's why I have finished her arm and have even used the krenik thread for that section (normally I would leave something like that to the end). There are beads in this design too which I am going to leave until last like I normally do. I am enjoying working on this already as it fits in with my fairy tale obsession.

I managed to completely finish this little wizards face. It looks like his face is at a horrible angle but it will make more sense once it is finished. I managed to get quite a bit of his hat done too. He has such a sweet little face that it is hard not to want to keep going with him. I have another teddy bear UFO which I think I will work on after the wizard is finished.

I also managed to do some work on Bugs. I got one hand done and a good start on the other. You can at least see the shape of it. I am working on him again tomorrow. I hope to get the rest of his hand done and then make a good start on his cain. I think either Bugs or the wizard will be my next finish. Although that is a while away yet.

Today I get to work on the snowman. I think you are right bastet. I think snowman two is grampy. I think that's what I will call him from now on.

I am glad everyone liked those book reviews. I am very much in a fantasy mood and have a few more reviews to do soon. I'm afraid I haven't read any books by Maggie O'Farrel, Ali, but I have seen them in the shops. I will make a point of trying them soon.

Lili, I have read the first two Artemis Fowl books too and think they are fantastic. Your right, they are quick reads but adults get something out of them too. I know a number of people who have enjoyed them and they are all in their late twenties, early thirties. Kids books are definitely not just for kids.


Comments:
I love Bugs! So great! The wizard bear is so cute! You are right his head is at a strange angle, but if you just turn your head to the right a bit... ;)

I like the fabric, not sure how bleached out the spot was supposed to be...but you can tell it's lighter. Bleaching, or reverse dying as I call it, is a bit tricky since you don't want to lose all the color but take it down a bit. Hopefully you will like the end result. :D
 
I've never heard of bleach instructions like those, but then again, there's bit of differances in quite a few things across the pond. Hopefully this one will be to your liking. All the wips are looking lovely. Can't wait to see more of the wizard bear, he's adorable.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?