Tuesday, February 07, 2006

 

Snowman Stocking


Until yesterday it had been over a week since I stitched on him. Looking at his little face I feel a little guilty about leaving him behind. I surprised myself with how much I managed to get done. I finished off the blue trim of his hat and then stitched the rest of it. I even managed to make a start on the next snowman. The red at the top belongs to the second snowman. I think that by the end of next week I will have finished with this part of the chart. Which is probably just as well as snowman number two won't look like a snowman until I move onto the next part. I am finding this so easy to stitch despite all the colour changes. I really want to just continue with him. However today is UFO day which I have promised myself that I will stick to. And then poor bugs will be wanting some attention.

Kim, another good thing about DVD's is that you don't have to wait a week to find out what happens next. If I love something I have a habit of watching them over and over again which makes DVD's worth while. The only problem is that they can be expensive. I try to wait until I see them on sale. Although when it comes to a few I can't always wait.

Speaking of DVD's I am currently watching "Firefly". The reason I took the chance on getting this one is that I had heard nothing but good things about it. Everywhere I went people raved over it. After watching a couple of episodes I am not sure if I like it. It's the whole wild west theme that is putting me off. And I am finding that the characters aren't really that likeable. I am hoping that I just need to give it a chance. Also once seeing the film Serenity (which is out on DVD at the end of the month) it might help. If anyone else has opinions on this series I would love to hear them.

Comments:
Your snowman is looking good! :D Looks like a lot of fun to stitch.

On Firefly; oddly enough I didn't like the first couple of episodes I saw either. Actually I think it took 3 or 4 before I got into it. I thought it was hokey and weird. I didn't get it, why the wild west in outerspace? But I hung in there and got to know the characters better and saw more of the humor and wackiness of the crew and somehow it clicked with me. For me it was more the characters that I came to like than the overall backdrop which I still find a bit hard to swallow. It seemed weird to me that such an advanced society would want to emmulate the old west /south, etc. But then I look around and see kids recycling trends from the 60's and 70's and suddenly it doesn't seem quite that unbelieveable. ;)

And if you are wondering why they speak and read Chinese, it was in the behind the scenes stuff on Serenity that Joss Whedon explained that he took the two most prevalent countries today (U.S. and China) and surmised that they merged together and became the predominant powers. Personally I thought it was a convenient way to let them curse their hearts out w/out getting censored. ;)
 
I saw a few episodes on sci Fi, and I liked it. But not enough to religiously tune in and watch each episode.
It's just weird and fun in a way.... How is the movie?
 
This snowmen sock is very very cute! I am glad to see that you enjoy stitching it, after the deception of the first sock...
Take care!
 
The snowman is looking good. Sort of seems like he's peeking out at you from behind something at the moment. So cute!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?