Monday, March 20, 2006

 

Bugs & Firefly Fairies



I finished the bottom part of the border on bugs and I am now on to the second corner. The stitching is going slower than I thought it would. It is a little frustrating but I will persevere with it. Plus I do like the way the border looks. It also makes the design seem smaller. I will be working on the border for the next few weeks. I think it will take longer than I initially thought to stitch.

Yesterday I worked on the Firefly fairies. I have almost finished with one shade of the dress. This one feels like it is stitching quite quickly although I actually spent less time on it. I like working with colour I think that might be the reason. There is still quite a bit to go on this fairy so it will be a while yet before I finish her.

Today I am back to the snowmen. With any luck I will have a face to show you tomorrow (thanks for all your comments on the snowmen). Tomorrow will also be spent on Wizard potions. It feels like it has been a while since I did any work on him.


Comments:
Your progress on Bugs is great! I also love the border, it's the cherry on the cake!
Your firefly fairies is stitched with the most wonderful colours... Btw, I was just wondering: do you use a hoop or frame? And do you scan or take pics of your progress?
Lots of hugs!
 
Hi Karen - just discovered your blog here! :o) Bugs looks fabulous, the shading is so realistic. And Firefly Fairies is looking good too.
 
Oh Bugs is looking really smart! You're doing a great job on him. I love the colours on the fairy, look forward to seeing your progress on her :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?