Saturday, April 01, 2006

 

Book Post


Booking Through Thursday

Pick one of your favorite authors.

Just one? Okay, at the moment that would have to be Haruki Murakami


  1. What are some of your favorite books by this author?
    "Norwegian Wood", "Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World" and well, I love them all

  1. Why do you like this author?
  2. His books are just so different (they are even different in comparison to other Japanese authors). They are the kind that you have no idea where they are going to go. You think you understand the book and then you change your mind seconds later. This can happen several time while reading the book. They also stick. You'll find yourself thinking about them months after you have finished reading them.

  1. Have you read everything by this author? Why or why not?
  2. Not yet. I have read a fair few but I am taking my time with them. I made that mistake with another author I enjoy, Douglas Coupland. I read all of his books within a year. Now I have to wait patiently for new ones. The only good thing about it is that there is nothing like that feeling of finally getting your greedy mits on his new book. Then of course you have finished within a few days and that feeling of satisfaction lasts only so long before the waiting begins again.
    I have been reading this blog Booking Through Thursday for a while now and have enjoyed reading replies. I decided that now is the time to actually join in (which explains this post).
    Thanks for the welcome back everyone. Timewarden, I have been counting down to the return of Doctor Who. I work long late shifts those nights so I am going to have to rely on someone else to tape it for me. The same person who always manages to tape the wrong channel!

Comments:
Fellow Murakami fan here *raises hand* :o)
 
Ooh, I hope the taping goes all right. For myself, I lost track of Dr. Who in the Tom Baker years, but still have fond memories, and am tempted to splurge on the new DVDs.

Welcome to Booking Through Thursday!
 
Hi Karen! Whooo hoo! Another great idea to "borrow" from you!! Your blog always has such fun stuff...:) Thanks for the great info..I joined too! So now it's SBQ's and BTT's..LOL Hope I can keep up with it all...

Have a great day!

Ash
 
Hi again.
I have only read Norwegian Wood and Sputnik Sweetheart so far, and I enjoyed both of them very much. I am going to read some more of Murakami's work after I finish the Harry Potter books.

I am reading The Order of The Phoenix now and then I am going to read Half Blood Prince....
I didn't fall into the HP madness until much later than everyone else, but I am enjoying not being in the hurricane that seemed to be around the HP books every time they came out. It is nice to just read them and not worry about spoilers etc.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?