Monday, May 29, 2006

 

Challenge Finished!


So here is my finished challenge. From the start I knew I wanted to stitch a black cat and that I wanted it to become a little matt. I got my inspiration from the calico cats but the design itself is my own and I decided to go with a silhouette cat in the end. I also knew that I wanted to create a border using my newly learned hardanger. The silk stitch hearts were added as an extra to fill in some space. It was looking a little blank to me and I quite like the way it turned out. I then used my first hem stitch to tidy up the edges and used beads to set it off. I am really pleased with the way it has turned out. My hardanger still isn't the neatest but I'm still learning. It made my mum happy when I gave it to her anyway (I posted a picture on the forum too).


Afterwards I went back to my practice Hardanger piece. This time I used part of the star in silk stitch to decorate round the edges. I am going to do one more border and then I think I am finished with this one. I have ordered another Hardanger book and am impatiently waiting for it. I will probably do another practice piece in the next week or so. This week though it is back to the snowman. With any luck grandson 3 will make an appearance and I can get you all to name him (or it could be a her).
This website here is quite good if you want to learn a little about Hardanger. It also gives some tutorials.

Comments:
Karen! I am astonished! It is a wonderful design! And your hardanger is a complete success! And I like the idea with the beads! CONGRATULATIONS!
Keep going, Karen! I want to see more!
Lots of hugs!
 
The Nordic Needle website was a huge help to me when I first began Hardanger. :D
 
Karen,

That is a very nice design. The colors, layout, use of space. (I sound like I know what I'm talking about, I don't) I really liked it. Great job!
 
Hi Karen!! Nice to "see" you again! WOW! What a lovely pattern!! You have a future in designing!! I have not attempted hardanger..I'm a bit afraid of it actually...LOL Strange, I know. Anyhoo, congrats on the finishes!!!

*applause*

Have a good one!

*HUGS*
 
Your hardanger pieces look very nice! Congratulations!
 
Very nice challenge Karen.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?