Saturday, May 27, 2006

 

San's Challenge and Booking Through

I don't really have much of a stitching update. I have done a little work on bugs but not enough for a photo update. I also haven't done much more to my hardanger. Thank you every one for your encouragement.

I just wanted to mention San's challenge. Everyone knows her website and so have probably read it for themselves. She also advertised it on her forum. She has challenged everyone to design their own cross stitch design based on a theme each month. This months theme is cats. She does say that if you don't want to design your own you could stitch your favourite cat design instead. I don't particularly like cats but I love the idea of this challenge and I have friends and family who do like cats. So I can always give what I do for them. I have a few ideas and I just hope it turns out well.

Booking Through Thursday



  1. What are the last five books that you finished reading?

  2. How long did it take you to read them?

  3. Did you enjoy reading these books? Why or why not?

The last five books I finished reading are;

"The Colour Purple" by Alice Walker

"Assassin's Quest" by Robin Hobb

"Tokyo" by Graham Marks

"Lost Japan" by Alex Kerr

"Happily Ever After" by Adele Geras

It took me just over a week to read them all. A few of them were very quick reads which is why it didn't take me that long. I enjoyed them all but for different reasons. The colour Purple is the title that sticks most in my mind. At first I found it a little strange. It really wasn't what I expected as it was written in the form of letters. Once I got used to that I found the book to be amazing. It describes so many different worlds and the characters were each brilliant in their own way. It's amazing how such a small book can hold so much. Lost japan was out of interest and the rest were easy reads. Happily Ever After was from my fairy tale phase (which I am not completely over). Within it there are stories based on Rapunzel, sleeping beauty and snow white. I enjoyed matching the similarities in the stories but the writing itself was a little young.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?