Wednesday, July 26, 2006

 

Sunflower Design Complete!

I did the last few final touches last night. I actually started designing this at the start of the month. This time I had a clear image of what I wanted to do. I wanted to make a pot pourri sachet with the sunflower at the centre. I had printed off some images of sunflowers for inspiration. I then drew a rough sunflower of paper before converting it onto square paper. The beads were done first as I wasn't sure if I would want to change the petals as I was stitching. Nothing more awkward than stitching around beads. The border I sort of made up as I went along. I already sort of new what I wanted to do for that. I mainly had to concentrating on makeing sure that the sunflower fitted in the centre of it. After that it was just a matter of sewing it all together and adding some yellow ribbon.

This time quite a few people joined in and stitched a sunflower design. You can see most of them on San's forum. Lili also stitched a sweet design although you can only see it on her blog for the moment (along with her dragons). I think that next month we are doing bees. Please feel free to join in. As well as stitching your own you also have the fun of seeing the different designs that other people come up with or chose to stitch.

Comments:
That is SO cute! You did a fantastic job. The hardanger is great and the colors and the beads! It's all so adorable. :D
 
Hi Karen! That is a great design you have there!! You could sell that one! :) I hope to join you all on the designing here soon...but I haven't had time to think...LOLOL I blame the heat...:p

Congrats on your finish!!! I wish I could do hardanger..but I'm afraid of it..so I just admire it from afar..;)

Have a good one!

X Stitch X
 
What a lovely design & finish Karen. You're very talented.

Margaret
 
Congratulations on your pot pourri sachet. It is lovely :)
 
Wow! Its lovely. Fantastic idea combining it with hardanger.
~ Lillie
 
WOW! Karen! The beads are a GREAT idea! The whole design is worthy of a professional designer! Bravo!!!
Well, the reason why my sunflower is not on the forum is that I just can't figure out how to put it there... I'm looking for a kind soul to do it for me...
Take care!
 
Hi Karen. Thank you for the comment on my Sunflower, your's is beautiful! I love that sachet. VERY well done.

Happy Stitching!
 
Your sunflower turned out great. Nice job!
 
Karen, that is beautiful! I love the beads in the center-great design!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?